- instil legal professionalism and social responsibility in law students towards indigents, disenfranchised communities etc.;
- facilitate access to justice via its campus legal clinics for indigents;
- sensitise law students to social justice issues;
- provide opportunities to law students to integrate and appreciate academic work with clinical experience;
- demonstrate professional and community relevance in education beyond pedagogical relevance;
- foster a deeper engagement in pro bono activities with other stakeholders of justice.
All pro bono activities will be managed and centralized under this Centre. Additionally the Centre will, inter alia, be responsible for the following activities:
- running legal clinics at SMU;
- organise and host programs to raise pro bono consciousness. Locally, we will be hosting talks on topical areas. At regional level, we collaborate with Asian universities to raise pro bono consciousness amongst students in the area. e.g. Taiwan, Thailand
Last updated on 03 Jan 2019 .